Monday, June 8, 2009

8, oh, so great!!!!!

Happy 8th Birthday Morgie!!!!

Today is Morgan's 8th Birthday. It's crazy to me how fast 8 years can go by. I guess this birthday seems so exciting because I have always told her that she could get her ears pierced when she turned 8. A year ago I almost gave in, but she definately wasn't ready and she told me she would rather wait. That's one of the best qualities about Morgan that I have always loved. There is no rushing her. She takes her time and when she is ready, she will do it. I guess it's true, you can't rush perfection!

She was really excited to go and have them pierced today. I was waiting for her to back out, but she was determined to do it. Unfortunately we had a bit of an audience, although, I think it helped her to not cry. There was a moment after the first ear that I thought she would cry for sure, but she wenced a bit and before she knew it, the second ear was done! She looks darling with them in and I'm glad we waited for 8.
After a quick shopping trip to spend a little of her birthday money, we came home for a little rest and to learn how to play her new DSi that Eric, Mem's, and I gave her. In the evening, Grandma and Gramdpa came out to help us celebrate with dinner and cake and to check out her new sparkly ears! It's been a fun and relaxing day and according to Morgan, the best Birthday ever! Happy Birthday, Baby, we love you!

1 comment: